Quentin - Your movie knowledge bot2 min read cognitive-services · luis · bot · microsoft-bot-framework
Thanks to the professional development (PD) program provided by the company that I work for, Readify, I got some time to invest into researching a variety of technologies from Microsoft in the AI realm, particularly:
- Microsoft Cognitive Services
- LUIS: Language Understanding Intelligent Service
- Microsoft Bot Framework
Furthermore, to make things interesting and because I like to learn by experimentation, I set the goal to create a simple bot that gives you plot information about a movie.
Creating the bot
My plan to create this bot was:
- In LUIS, define the intents (search movie and get movie info) in LUIS
- In LUIS, create utterances and link them to their corresponding intent (e.g.
what's the plot of the movie "Jackie Brown"?)
- In LUIS, define entities that will hold the relevant tokens of an utterance (e.g.
Titlewould be the entity matching
Jackie Brownin the utterance above)
- Create a chat bot to let users ask for the plot of any movie
- Use LUIS to parse the messages and find what was the user intent (the action they wanted to invoke)
- Search movies (using OMDB Api) according to the query introduced and display the results
You can find more about intents, utterances and entities by reading LUIS official docs here.
I named this bot Quentin, inspired by the famous director Quentin Tarantino. You can try Quentin right here in this post using the widget below. If you want the fullscreen experience, you can go here.comments powered by Disqus